Want to know what FALL tastes like? Make this! I’m a sucker for anything pumpkiny and when you throw pecans in the mix, mmm…so good!
- 1 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat an 8-inch square (I use a round stone) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, butter, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish. (it will be thick!)
- In the medium bowl you used for the flour mixture (why dirty another bowl?) combine pecans, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar; mix well. Sprinkle over batter.
- (this feels really weird, but it’s magical) Slowly pour hot water over the top; do not stir. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set.
- Serve warm.
- Top with whipped cream. (optional for some…required for others!)