I’m Irish. And I’m always joking about “never meeting a potato I didn’t like”. When I went to Ireland, I fell even more in love with Shepherd’s Pie. (My original recipe is one of the most popular that I’ve ever posted…click this for that recipe) Since St. Patrick’s Day is a couple weeks away, it’s something I like to make!
But I saw a friend of mine made a “Mexican” version. He said he was hungry for Shepherd’s Pie and Mexican food one night, so he created this. Since I “never met a potato I didn’t like”, I thought I’d pass it along! I think your kids are going to LOVE it!
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Pkg Taco Seasoning
Small Jar of Salsa
1 Cup of Corn
1 Cup of Black Beans
1 Cup of Queso
4 Cups of Mashed Potatoes
1 cup Sour Cream
8 oz. Shredded Cheese (or more per preference)
Brown ground beef and prepare per taco seasoning packet directions. Spread in casserole dish. Top with salsa, corn, beans, queso. Mix mashed potatoes with sour cream. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 15 minutes.
The Captain and I went to my mom and dad’s for dinner a couple of weeks ago and had the most amazing meal! I don’t know why I’d never had this before, but it was a new recipe for my mom. Come to find out, it’s actually been around awhile. It’s super easy and very tasty! After I had it there, I immediately craved it so I had to make it myself. Mmmm…perfect for this cold week!
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 packet Au Jus seasoning
- 5-6 pepperoncinis (or sliced banana pepper rings)
- ¼ cup pepperoncini juice (or banana pepper juice)
- 1 stick butter
- Place the roast in crock pot.
- Sprinkle the ranch and Au Jus seasoning over roast.
- Place the pepperoncinis around the roast and then add the juice.
- Place the stick of butter on top of the roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4-6.
- Use two forks to shred the meat.
- Serve over potatoes or rice.
I’m forever looking for ways to use ripe bananas. This is a GREAT option! Plus, if you or the kiddos need breakfast on the go, this will do! (they’r easy and yummy, too!) Oh…and these could also be made with applesauce instead of bananas. If you do that, swap out the chocolate chips for raisins or cinnamon chips.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup peanut butter (or another nut or non-nut butter)
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans, or your favorite nut
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (or raisins)
Preheat to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Dump oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl; whisk to combine.
Stir in mashed bananas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, pecans, and chocolate chips.
Scoop dough to form cookies and flatten the top
Bake for 14 minutes or until set.
Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet before storing in an airtight container.
When someone says “meatloaf” it conjures up all sorts of thoughts and memories. Some good, some bad! But my mom’s meatloaf was literally the BEST! She got it from our favorite local cookbook author Deanna House. Well, I figured not everyone can get out for a Valentine’s Date, so here’s an option to bring the LOVE to the table! Super easy! And it can be done with any meatloaf recipe. But I think you’ll love my mom’s and this will become your new favorite!
HEARTY MEAT LOAF
1-2 pounds ground beef
2/3 cup milk
1 envelope onion soup mix
3 TBS brown sugar
3 TBS ketchup
1/2 tsp mustard
Mix first 4 ingredients together well. Press into pan in the shape of a heart.
In the original recipe, Deanna says to press into 9″ round microwave-safe dish (like a pie plate) and to cover with wax paper. Microwave on high 8-10 minutes, drain juices. Spoon topping over meatloaf and microwave again 3-5 minutes until cooked in center.
What I do, is bake in the oven at 350 about 45 minutes until set in center. Mix up the topping and spread it on the meatloaf and bake until fully cooked in the center.
Want to feel warm from the inside out? This is it! And it’s something even picky eaters will love! I combined a couple recipes to come up with this one. It’s delicious!
If you want it to taste like a cheeseburger even more, serve it in a bread bowl!
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cups diced hashbrowns
- 1 small sweet onion, diced (I sauteed with the ground beef)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 TBS chopped mild green chiles (optional)
- 3 cups chicken broth (put 2 in first, then add last cup if it’s too thick)
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Add the cooked beef (with onion) potatoes, salt, pepper, basil, garlic, chiles and chicken broth. (DON’T add cheese yet.)
- Cover and cook and LOW for 7 hours.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes. Stir with the soup into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for one more hour on low.
- Stir until the cheeses are blended into the soup.
- Top with shredded cheddar as serving
Serve and enjoy!
This can even be a main course entrée or just an appetizer. Teens as well as adults really go for this recipe. YUMMY!
½ cup chopped onion (I used onion powder)
½ pound lean ground beef
2 (10 and 1/2-ounce) cans pizza sauce with cheese
1 tbl cornstarch
2 tsp oregano
½ tsp basil
¼ tsp garlic powder
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Cubes of French bread
- Place onion and ground beef in skillet. Cook until beef is browned and onion cooked. Drain.
- Return beef mixture to skillet. Add the pizza sauce, cornstarch, oregano, basil and garlic powder. Stir and heat until mixture reaches a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Combine Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese. Add 1/3 of the combined cheeses at time and stir after each addition until melted.
- For serving, put mixture in electric fondue pot or chafing dish and spear French bread cubes with toothpick or fondue fork.