Puppy Chow is just one of those yummy snacks you can’t stop eating. I love making a big batch and giving it away. Try this cookie butter version for a new twist to one of your favorite treats!
- 4 1/2 cups Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup cookie butter (make sure it’s SMOOTH!)
- 2 tbls butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Place Chex cereal in a large bowl
- In a separate small bowl, microwave the cookie butter, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon chips on half power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is melted and smooth
- Scoop melted cookie butter mixture on top of Chex cereal and very gently mix to combine, being careful not to crush the cereal (you can use your hands).
- Place cereal mixture and powdered sugar in a large plastic bag (a clean kitchen bag will do), hold the top firmly closed, and shake like crazy.
- Spread your puppy chow on a wax paper-lined baking tray to firm up and dry a bit. Can be stored in a sealed zip-loc bag.