For Joy-Uary Cookin With Brooke recipes, we’re focusing on food gifts that bring JOY! I came across this recipe and thought wow, how handy! I put a few together and baked one for The Captain and I and it was delicious! Then I froze the others to give away. I think they would be perfect gifts for a couple or a single person. I have a friend who just lost her husband…just add a salad and maybe some rolls and a baked potato. Bring comfort and JOY with this recipe!
– 1 cup green spring onion cut in thin slices
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1 egg, whisked
– 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4″ cubes
– 1/4 cup + 4 tbsp sugar-free BBQ sauce (divided)
– 1/8 cup panko
1. Over medium heat, cut the onion into thin slices and add the onions to the pan. Sprinkle the onions with a little salt and pepper and stir.
2. Cook the onions, stirring every couple of minutes, until the onions are caramelized. Turn the heat down if you notice the onions are burning. Once caramelized, set the onions aside to slightly cool.
*Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. In a large bowl combine ground beef, egg, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, cheese cubes, caramelized onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix together just until combined.
4. Divide the mixture into 5 equal-sized portions and form them into mini-meatloaves.
5. Place each loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce over the top of each loaf (OR you can spread the BBQ sauce after it is done if you don’t want the sauce cooked.)
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.