I saw an idea on Pinterest for a way to have Nachos in one big casserole and I thought I’d give it my own twist and try it out on my family. WOW! It was delicious. You can make your own, too. And get this! It can feed your family for about $10!
1 (12 oz) bag tortilla chips
½ cup melted butter
1 pound lean ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
1 jar (16 oz) picante sauce
1 small can sliced black olives, drained
Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Put tortilla chips in a blender and pulse into fine crumbs
- Melt butter and mix in chip crumbs
- Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook taco meat per seasoning packet directions.
- Add picante sauce.
- Mix the two cheeses together.
- Stir ½ into the meat mixture.
- (this is where you would stir in any other nacho favorites like olives or jalapenos or whatever)
- Scrape entire mixture into the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melty and golden