One of my favorite comfort foods is soup. And when it’s creamy and cheesy, even better! I like to get sourdough bread bowls to put this in…you can find them at some local bakeries! Top with a little shredded cheese and even your kiddos will gobble it up!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3-4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound processed cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the flour. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Mix in the chicken stock and milk, and season with salt and white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the broccoli in the boiling water, and cook 2 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Gradually mix the processed cheese and Cheddar cheese into the large pot until melted. Mix in the broccoli. Continue cooking about 5 minutes.