Just a few ingredients and you’ll have this decadent caramel sauce to put over ice cream and some to give away to a friend that needs some JOY!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream’
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In medium saucepan, heat corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and salt to boiling over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly
- Stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Careful, it will bubble up!
- Heat to boiling and boil for 1 minute
- Cool about 30 minutes
- Serve warm
- Pour gifts into jelly jars (this made 4)
- Reheat slightly before serving if desired