Blueberry Zucchini Bread
My friend Andrea brought me the largest zucchini I had ever seen the other day. She grew it herself! She also passed along this delicious recipe! Who doesn’t love a good zucchini bread recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cup sour cream (or yogurt may be substituted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour + 1/4 cup for dredging blueberries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini, not packed down
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray one 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside
- In a large bowl, add the the first six ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stir until just combined
- Add the zucchini and stir; set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the blueberries to 1/4 cup flour and toss to coat
- Add the blueberries and flour to the large bowl with the batter and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Put batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top slightly
- Evenly sprinkle the surface with 1 to 2 tablespoons blueberries
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes or until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no wet batter
- Allow bread to cool about 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing
One thought on “Blueberry Zucchini Bread”