I absolutely LOVE fresh peaches. They’re SO GOOD this year. And for the first time EVER, I decided to make Peach Butter. (you know, like Apple Butter…but with peaches!) And it turned out SO delicious, I wanted to share it with you!
- 15 Ripe Peaches
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 2-3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1.5 cups sugar
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and place peaches in the water for 1 minute. (it’s best to use ripe peaches)
- Immediately place the peaches into a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes. Then, slide the skins right off! (You can use a regular peeler and skip the boiling/ice method, if you prefer)
- Cut the peaches into slices, and place in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the pureed peaches and lemon juice into your Crock Pot, stir, and then top with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and sugar. DO NOT COVER!
- Cook on LOW until it reaches the thickness you want. Anywhere from 3-6 hours is good.
- I used half-pint jars, and left about 1/4 inch at the top. Wipe the top edge of the jars to make sure it was nice and clean so those lids seal well!
- Keep the lids in hot water until ready to use.
- Once the jars are filled with peach butter, put the hot lids and rings on them and place them in a hot water bath. Make sure the jars are covered by an inch of boiling water. Let them cook for 15 minutes.
- Carefully lift the jars out of the boiling water, (I used tongs to get them out) and let them cool overnight so the jars aren’t touching. You can make sure they sealed correctly by pressing your fingers on the lid. If it doesn’t pop up and down, they’re good. Tighten the rings all the way.