It’s not secret that I LOVE Michigan Blueberries! I eat them by the handfuls all day long during blueberry season. Beyond Blueberry Muffins and Blueberry Buckle, what else can you do with them? Try this!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS cornstarch, mixed with 2 TBS cold water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup of water, sugar and lemon juice. Stir frequently, and bring to a low boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Slowly stir the cornstarch into the blueberries, taking care not to crush the blueberries. Simmer until the homemade blueberry sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in vanilla.
- Serve over ice cream or on top of a cheesecake!