Okay…so I didn’t realize when I named this, that there actually IS a recipe with this name! HA! So cute! (it’s below) I know there are many Frittata recipes out there, but this is what I did. I called it Hakuna Frittata because it’s got bacon in it and Pumbaa from The Lion King was from the hog/pig family! Haha. So make this for dinner and put on The Lion King for a fun family night!
- 1 pkg bacon, cut into little pieces
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash original blend
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 10-12 grape tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar (or your choice of cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Fry chopped bacon in an oven-proof non-stick skillet until almost done
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and spices until well blended
- Transfer bacon to plate and discard most bacon fat the put most of the bacon back in the pan
- Put tomatoes in pan (whole) and warm them until they pop
- Stir in egg mixture and cheese; sprinkle remaining bacon on top
- Let it get to where the edges are set
- Run rubber spatula around the edges to loosen a bit
- Place skillet in oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until center is set
- Remove frittata from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Run rubber spatula around edge of pan to loosen the rest of the way
- Cut into 8 equal wedges to serve.
You can doctor this however you want. Add spinach, add broccoli, peppers, sausage, it can be custom made!